Are You Moving?
Published on 3/8/2019
Moving can be stressful regardless if it's planned or not. Keeping a few notes and good planning makes a world of difference.
- Gather packing supplies including boxes, bubble wrap, bins, and tape.
- Schedule time off from work! You'd be surprised how often folks forget this step.
- Place all important papers in one place. These should include id's, insurance papers, birth certificates, bank statements, utility bills, etc.
- Notify each of these institutions of your new mailing address.
- Contact the post office for a change of address. This can be accomplished online as well.
- Use this time to cull possessions making donations, selling items, or throwing away unused items.
Though moving has the potential to open new horizons and experiences, stress is inevitable. A little extra planning can make all the difference.